Sunday, July 22, 2012

reminiscing

This morning a friend on facebook was talking about how she couldn't wait for her first trimester to be over so she could hopefully feel better...

boy did that take me down memory lane.

I found out I was pregnant June 16, 2011. After all of the shock and overwhelming emotions were out of the way (sort of) and I was coming to terms...I was telling a friend, I'm glad I don't have to be real big when it's so hot out.

She should have told me, yeah but you have to be really sick!

The heat made morning make that all day sickness even worse than it normally would be. I was also working in an Italian restaurant, the smell of things like garlic, shrimp, and fish...yeah those don't work too well for a preggers either.

Here are the things I suggest for "pregnancy survival" 

1. THESE books...
 
This one will answer ANY question you have, ever.  I believe there is a such thing as too much information though. So I would briefly read through what was happening that week of my pregnancy and refer to it when I had any questions, like if the cramping I was feeling was normal.



This book was given to me by a friend at work, it is HILARIOUS. It's very blunt, but I loved it.

2. Lemon candy, peanut butter toast, flinstone vitamins, and slow sips of water.

These won't by any means totally fix the morning sickness, but they are things that took the edge off for me!

Prenatal vitamins made me very ill, so I took 2 flinstone vitamins daily (ok'd by my doctor) and my little one is as healthy as can be :)

3. Boppy Wedge Pregnancy Pillow



I am typically a belly sleeper, and this thing helped me to get used to not being able to do that anymore.

4. Baby Bump Pro iPhone App


Download it & you'll see!

5. Neti-Pot


It's SAFE & it works! I had the worst cold one week before my due date and this helped clear me right up.

6. Maternity BeBand from Target

This was a staple in my wardrobe.

7. LEGGINGS, LEGGINGS, LEGGINGS.

seriously, buy a pair of leggings. more than one pair-actually!

8. Bath & Body Works Stress Relief Eucalyptus Spearmint Lotion

I seriously had an obsession with this stuff. The scent was amazing and helped me to relax and sleep. I went through 4 bottles (keep in mind they're pretty big bottles) during my last trimester! Luckily they had great sales around Christmas time.

9.  Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
My doctor told me at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you use, stretch marks are genetic. I used this on my belly and don't have any there-but forgot my inner thighs and they made there way there! So yeah, I think it's the lotion ;)

10. PAMPER YOURSELF

whether it's at home or at the spa..a pedi, massage, or facial. it's a complete necessity!

and just remember

nothing you went through that you thought was awful during your pregnancy will matter the second you lay eyes on your little darling.


No comments:

Post a Comment