Saturday, July 21, 2012

Reading, Thrifting, & Loving

I ended my last post with a quote from a favorite book at our house-Goodnight Moon!

Reading is something Delanie & I love! She loves the colorful pictures and hearing her mommy's voice! We read every day and every night. Here are some of our favorites.







I am constantly looking for new books for her. We have quite a collection! I love to look at garage sales because you can get classics for a quarter! If you know any that we must add to our collection, let me know!

This statement from my child development and psychology book for school is really why I find it so important to read to Delanie...

"By the time babies reach their first birthday they will have learned all the sounds needed to speak their native language. The more stories you read aloud, the more words your child will be exposed to and the better he or she will be able to talk."

& besides, she loves it :)

Now speaking of garage sales...I love them! I hate paying full price for anything!! But, they aren't as easy to go to since little miss came along.

And that's when I discovered what is now an addiction. An online garage sale in my area. It is through Facebook, people post the things they have, you comment saying you want it, set up a meeting time in a PUBLIC place..and waa-la, new things!!

So far I have managed to snag a new computer desk, dishes, ugg boots, a jenny jump up (a total hit), baby einstein dvd's (not a hit), baby clothes, a kiddie pool, patio chair cushions, a bumbo and swing for grandma's house, and more!

& I've made a little money selling things I no longer wear and use. It's a great site, but can really get addicting! You don't want to miss any great items.

Oh, and since I mentioned ugg boots, I have to share what I found at Once Upon A Child the other day...



yeah, i went there.

that's enough cuteness for one night.

goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment